Friday, March 6, 2009

New H1b Stamping Checklist - as per Hyderabad Consulate

With the US economy going down along with the world's economy and two groups of folks immigrants and citizens fighting each other on who should be laid off first, US government is making h1b extensions and stamping more and more difficult to get.
Here is a list of h1b stamping checklist documents (required for stamping as provided by US consulate in hyderabad, India). Which is makes is near to impossible to get stamping.

From Your Petitioner:

1) A copy of the petition with all supporting documents as filed to USCIS.

2) A copy of the employment contract or letter of agreement signed by you and the petitioner.
Petitioner’s Income Tax Return for the last two tax years and financial statements.
3) A notarized list of all the petitioner’s employees of the job site listed. The list should show all employees’ names, their specific job titles, start and end dates, and their individual salaries and immigration status.
4) State Unemployment Wage Reports, showing all wages paid to each employee in the state, for the past three quarters. (This should be the actual forms filed to the State authorities listing each employee and wages paid during the quarter.)
5) A letter from the client company sponsoring the project and a copy of the contract between the U.S.-based petitioner and the client company, stating the timing, terms and agreement for your project.
6) A copy of the contract between the U.S. employment agency (petitioner) and the job site (the location where you will actually work).
7) A letter (on letterhead) from the personnel department at the U.S. job site stating that there is a vacancy for you.
8) A detailed and specific description of the internal development project to which you will be assigned. Include a complete technical description of the project, employer, timeline, current status, number of employees assigned, worksite location, and marketing analysis for the final product.

From You (or Your Working Family Member):

1) Your license to practice your profession in the U.S.
2) Original or certified copies of your complete academic credentials.
3) Evidence of previous work experience in the petitioned field.
4) All previous passports, even if not used for travel.
5) Evidence of extension of legal status in the U.S.
6) If you were previously employed in the United States, your U.S. federal income tax returns and W-2 forms for those tax years.
7) If you were previously employed in the United States, copies of all pay slips and monthly bank statements for the time you were employed.
8) Original marriage certificate and wedding photos.

More Info:

No comments: